Sunday, March 31, 2013

Egg Pie


Something you should know about me is that I get excited at the drop of a hat. I mean, everyone gets excited but I take it to another level. Is it a nice day outside? I'm pumped at the possibilities for all the fun-tivities! I don't even have anything planned for the day. My dog didn't bark at a friggin leaf falling from a tree? I'm super excited that he's too lazy to care! Is that a new barbell for sale on craigslist for $35?! HOLY Stinkin' MOLEY! Somebody get the tranquilizer because I'm about to shoot through the roof. I managed to get my BF excited about it and picked it up ASAP! I ordered bumper plates when I got home and started working on my hang snatch just for funsies.
Explode happiness from your toes and up to the sky!


Now, bow down to my $35 barbell before I beat you with it!

This is long overdue because I'm tired of missing working outs because of my schedule and pure laziness of driving 30 mins to a gym. Missing the gym is very bad because I've been bored without them and deciding to fill that boredom with baking Paleo desserts...
Chocolate Ganache Pie

Lemon Honey Mug Cake and Chai Tea
Pumpkin chocolate muffins


All ideas stolen from Pinterest of course...to include my Easter Outfit! 
See that belt? It used to squeeze me til I had muffin top AND bottom! haha
Aside from that, I was looking forward to the weekend so that I could try out a concoction I've been conjuring up in my head. I'm a really good cook...unless it has anything to do with breakfast. I could probably set fire to a bowl of cold cereal. But it's the weekend. Magical things happen on the weekend. So I made an egg pie. Not only did it look good but it really hit the spot on this fine Easter Morning :) Here's how I did it.

Ingredients:

  • 6 eggs + 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 tsp of ground: Garlic powder, Onion powder, Chili powder, Cumin
  • Pinch of salt and pepper
  • 2 Cups grated Sweet potato
  • 1/2 C Green Bell pepper diced
  • 1/2 C Red Bell Pepper diced
  • 1/4 Onion diced
  • 4 Mushrooms sliced
Directions: 

Set your oven to 375. Once you've grated the sweet potato in a bowl, add the 2 egg whites and spices. Mix well. In a 9" frying pan on med-high heat, flatten the sweet potato into the pan so it covers the pan like a hash brown. 


Once it's all crispy and burnt brown, place it into a pie pan. If you don't have a pie pan because you're a normal person, just use a 9" cake pan and toss it in there so it makes a crust at the bottom. 

Now you need something to cover that up because it straight up looks like garbage. So, scramble the six eggs in a bowl and saute your pepper and onion in the pan until the onions are softened and a little roasted. Should take about 3 mins on a med-high skillet. 


Add the mushrooms to the beaten eggs and add the peppers. Pour all of it into the pie pan to cover your disgrace of a hash brown. 

All pretty now!

Place the pie pan on a cookie sheet (if using pie pan) and bake for 20-25 mins. 



 Now you can eat it with a ton of hot sauce because that's how all breakfasts should be eaten.




As I was serving it, I was wondering if I should call it a quiche or a Fritta because I have not idea what either of those are. When I gave it to Steve he asked, "What is this? Egg Pie?" and I said "Yes. Yes it is."





1 comment:

  1. "Yes, yes it is." Lol! Loved your Easter outfit, you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete